Required Action: All attendees, guests, and vendors are required to follow the policies outlined below to enter IIF events. Please carefully review the (1) Entry Requirements, (2) Health and Safety Agreement and Liability Waiver and, (3) Event Protocols policies provided below, including a submission on the Required Forms: (a) Proof of Vaccine or plan for using (b) Testing Option. This required information must be provided prior to the commencement of the event on November 1, 2021. Individuals who fail to submit required information will not be granted access to IIF. There are no exemptions to this requirement.
ADC reserves the right to modify these policies and will notify attendees of changes if they occur.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 INSTALLATION INNOVATION FORUM
ADC is committed to a successful, productive, and safe in-person IIF 2021 and ensuring the broadest participation by our partners in DoD and the Military Services. Their participation is predicated on ADC following an COVID-19 event policy that aligns with other major defense industry events recently held, including Association of the U.S. Army and the Association of the Air Force. While we recognize the inconvenience this may cause, ADC has added the following requirements to ensure safety under the present COVID-19 conditions:
For entry into IIF (in-person) or to participate in any related events hosted by ADC, all individuals must: (1) provide proof of vaccination or (2) proof of a negative test result from a COVID-19 test obtained within three days before arrival at the conference venue.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after their second dose of a two-dose vaccine series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines or any World Health Organization-approved vaccine for international participants listed below:
- Serum Institute of India/Covishield
- Sinopharm (Beijing)
Or 14 days after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
If vaccination proof is not provided, attendees may provide a negative COVID-19 PCR or Rapid test result within 72 hours before the first day of the event. A molecular PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is preferred. If not available, an antigen test administered by a pharmacy, lab, or medical professional is required, preferred, but ADC will accept self-administered home testing results.
Proof of Vaccination/Testing
The following are acceptable as proof of vaccination:
- A CDC-issued vaccination card including the name of the person vaccinated matching registrant, the type of vaccination provided, and the date that the (last) dose was administered.
- A state issued copy of the vaccination record, matching registrant, the type of vaccination provided, and the date that the (last) dose was administered.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 Test:
- A digital photo of negative COVID-19 test result that includes the name of the guest.
- A printed photo of negative COVID-19 test result that includes the name of the guest.
Proof of vaccine or testing will be submitted via a third-party system provided by ADC and attendees will be required to use system; ADC will assist people in uploading their information on-site as needed, but will not collect, view or manage attendee health information directly.
At the request of our military partners and based on the CDC status of the San Antonio region, all attendees are expected to wear masks for all indoor activities
ADC’s COVID-19 policies pertain to the event space in the Grand Hyatt where IIF will be held. ADC has no control over policies and procedures outside our event space.
The Association of Defense Communities is committed to providing a safe environment for all event participants at the 2021 Installation Innovation Forum (IIF), including attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, volunteers, staff, and representatives of the venue, service providers, and other contractors. By attending IIF and associated meetings/events, attendees agree to abide by our Health and Safety Agreement and Liability Waiver.
Due to circumstances created by COVID-19, there is a heightened degree of personal risk and responsibility. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, while participating in IIF and associated events at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio (venue), you agree to abide by all health and safety guidelines and recommendations promulgated by federal, state, and local government agencies and officials, ADC, and the venue. ADC will be taking all legal, prudent, and advisable measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID- 19 between people while attending this event. Despite our best efforts, we will be unable to reduce the level of risk to zero and cannot guarantee that participants will not become infected with COVID-19.
Responsibility for well-being is shared among the organizers, venue, and event participants. As stakeholders, we all have a responsibility to help mitigate risk. As a participant, I agree to follow the guidelines, published by the Events Industry Council, to provide as safe an environment as possible, when meeting in-person.
Event Industry Council Guidelines
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization, or your local health authority. For IIF, please plan to adhere to health guidelines as they evolve (CDC, DoD, Bexar County, State of Texas [links will be added).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering, if required by the event organizers.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers and respect others’ personal space.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue, if required by the event organizers.
- Go to the event First Aid office (or equivalent) at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.
I acknowledge the risks and agree to take full responsibility for them. I will not hold anyone else accountable, including the Association of Defense Communities, should I contract an illness, injury, loss, damage to property or other consequence as described below.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE AND HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION OF DEFENSE COMMUNITIESAND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT, OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH ADC’S INSTALLATION INNOVATION CONFERENCE AND ASSOCIATED MEETINGS/EVENTS.
It is our goal to have a productive and educational event. ADC staff, Board and volunteers are not going to be policing the rules outlined above. We are asking everyone to voluntarily comply and respect the health and safety of your fellow attendees. We recognize this is not ideal, but it is a situation beyond our control.
- The ADC event team is 100% vaccinated and will also be testing in advance of traveling to the conference.
- The Grand Hyatt has implemented robust cleaning measures to help ensure attendee safety and their staff will be masked during the ADC event. Learn more about Hyatt procedures here.
- ADC will provide masks as needed, but we request you still bring your own masks with you.
- All social/networking events will be held in locations that will offer indoor/outdoor options.
- Food and beverage service will be altered to ensure safety.
- Room setup will be modified to the best our ability to provide additional space.
- The overall attendance at the event has been capped.
- ADC will continue to monitor the situation and may adapt protocols.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Please note: ADC is unable to reduce the level of risk of contracting COVID-19 to zero at any of our in-person events. In attending Installation Innovation Forum, participants acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of potential COVID-19 exposure or infection.