Call for Innovators.
The future of military installations and defense communities will be defined by partnerships and technology. We’ve already begun to see this evolution play out across the country as bases turn to an ever broadening scope of industry and community services and capabilities. Each year we see new projects push the boundaries on what types of partnerships and technological innovations are possible.
Your destination for innovation is ADC’s Installation Innovation Forum 2020 in San Antonio, Texas. More than 700 leaders from 100+ installations, 200 communities and states and top industry experts will gather for three days focused on defining the future of innovation and sharing what works today.
ADC will be highlighting up to six innovative projects from around the country that showcase state-of-the-art approaches defense communities are using to support local installations and military families, sustain military missions and promote defense-based economic development. Projects selected to be part of the Innovators program will be featured at Installation Innovation Forum 2020 through:
- A concurrent session dedicated to the project
- Participation of project leads in a general session
- A special ADC publication
Installation Innovation Forum 2020 will be February 10-12, 2020 in San Antonio, Texas.
Eligibility and Criteria
ADC will be accepting nominations for the Innovators through Oct. 23. You must be an ADC member in good standing to nominate a project. Projects encompass the broad universe of activities that communities, private sector organizations or non-profits undertake to support local installations, their missions, service members and military families. Projects may fall under a variety of endeavors, including (but not limited to):
- Real property management (EULs, excess facilities).
- Installation support (municipal services, MWR services, P4s, emergency planning/mutual aid agreements, state/local support for infrastructure projects, security).
- Land use planning (encroachment, habitat/species protection, JLUS).
- Energy/water resources (development of renewables, ESPCs, water supply, conservation and recycling, climate change adaptation).
- Economic development (defense industry adjustment, workforce planning).
- Support for military families.
This year’s Innovators Program will be focused on the following themes:
- Today’s Innovations – Projects underway or recently implemented that offer ideas that can be replicated today.
- Strategy-driven Innovations – With DOD’s focus on the new National Defense Strategy, ADC is looking for emerging projects from conceptual to actual that integrate ideas from the NDS.
- Innovations of the Future – We want to look beyond what is happening today to what will be happening 5, 10, 20 years downline. What are the future innovations that will define our bases in the years ahead.
Nominations will be judged using a two-step process by a special committee made up of ADC staff and members. After reviewing all nominations, the committee will select the best candidates for further review. The committee will request further information from projects that advance to the second stage before determining a final list of up to six projects for the Innovators program.
Teams selected for the Innovators program must agree to:
- Participate in a general session and lead a concurrent session on their project at IIF 2020
- Provide information about their project and be available for interviews needed for ADC to produce a special report on The Innovators
What projects were featured in past Innovators programs?Read the 2018 Innovators report